PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE ORDERING
- Summer & Fall Textbook requests are DUE March 15th
- Spring Textbook requests are DUE October 1st
- Your promptness benefits your students!!
- Some textbooks can take 6 weeks or more to arrive so ordering by the
deadline is imperative to getting your books in on time.
- Contact Arvella at (925) 473-7542 or ATutt@losmedanos.edu if you need assistance in placing your textbook order.
- List each course offered on a separate requisition
- Specify "NO TEXT" if there is no text being used for your course
- You must indicate whether a text is required or optional
- Required- means the students will be tested from this book
- Optional- means the students will benefit from reading the material but will not be tested from it
- When requesting textbooks that are old editions or out of print we cannot always order them from our regular vendors. If you still wish to use these books they can be purchased from non-bookstore vendors (i.e., Amazon) but keep in mind that books purchased are NON-REFUNDABLE to the vendor so your department will incur the charges for any remaining books at the end of the semester.
- Please list ANY supplies required for your course
- This will enable our supply buyer to purchase the supplies you need so we can have them on hand when your students need them
How Textbook Buyback Works, and What it Means to LMC Faculty
We buy used textbooks from students usually twice a semester. The biggest buyback is during finals week at the end of the semester. Typically, this is when students can get the most money back.
Our LMC Faculty provides us with the orders for the books they will use each term and we compile a list of all the titles that will be reused for the next term. These are the books with value because we can buy them back from the student and then resell them the following semester as a used book. The books that are not used again or are being replaced by a new edition have no value to us may be sold to wholesalers.
LMC Bookstore usually pays up to 50% of the new price on a textbook in good condition that is being reused the following semester, but only for the quantity needed for the next semester. After the quantity is reached, wholesale price is paid for the book. After wholesalers have reached their quantity, nothing is paid for these books, and zero is paid for old edition books. This is just another reason to continue using your book for another term.